Saturday, May 29, 2010

Crohn's Disease

As you can tell from my first 2 posts, this blog centers around my life with Crohn's Disease.

It has been a long, strange trip so far, and want to share it with you. I am writing a book about my life, and experiences over the last 20 years or so, but I am also using this medium to try to raise awareness about this disease.

When I was diagnosed I didn't have the internet, and only had my doctor and brochures to read to learn anything about it. I didn't even know anyone else with it. But now all you have to do is "Google" Crohn's Disease, and a wealth of information is at your fingertips. Not only that, but you can find and join support groups on line that can be so helpful.

This is my way to give back, and to hopefully help someone else like me, who has maybe found themselves feeling alone, and misunderstood. Or maybe someone that has a friend or family member with Crohn's, and you want to learn more about what they feel or are going through.

It has not always been easy, but as I have stated above, there have always been learning experiences.

So be my new friend, and I promise you will learn something new!

No comments: